How to design my own house?
g***@gmail.com
2009-04-28 15:15:35 UTC
I have been renting for the past 10 years. I've never had a mortgage.
I want to look into owning. What I really want to do is to design my
own house. I already know what I want. I need help to know how this
can be done. How can I get structural plans from my mental image? How
do I buy land? How do I find a builder who would do a custom job? Who
or what kind of company or service can help me with this (all the
necessary details and involvment?) I will be grateful for any help or
advice!

Jason
John A. Weeks III
2009-04-28 23:43:40 UTC
In article
Post by g***@gmail.com
I have been renting for the past 10 years. I've never had a mortgage.
I want to look into owning. What I really want to do is to design my
own house. I already know what I want. I need help to know how this
can be done. How can I get structural plans from my mental image?
They are called "architects".
Post by g***@gmail.com
How
do I buy land?
Check with a real estate agent.
Post by g***@gmail.com
How do I find a builder who would do a custom job?
Look in the yellow pages, ask friends and neighbors for
suggestions, visit areas of town where new homes are being built
and note the phone numbers on the side of the trucks.
Post by g***@gmail.com
Who
or what kind of company or service can help me with this (all the
necessary details and involvment?)
A general contractor. They will be licensed by your state.

-john-
John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            ***@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com