you hoas have no right to tell me I can't have an antenna on non CC&R non hoa property
radioguy
2010-01-15 20:22:58 UTC

And what gives you homeowners in a hoa and your hoa assns the right to
tell me what I can and can not have on my non-cc&R non-hoa property???

You say you have the right to tell me I can't have a ham radio antenna
and/or tower or cb antenna/tower on my non-CC&R non-hoa property
because one would be view from your hoa and you specifically moved
into your hoa property with the expectation that you weould never have
to look at any antennas or antenna towers at all.

Well, I moved into my non-CC&R non-hoa property with the expectation
that I could put up a cb antenna/tower or ham radio antenna/tower
anytime I wanted to.

And was even told I could put up one any year in the future I wanted
to.

And when I moved in here, your little hoa wasn't even built yet.

As a matter of fact, your little hoa did not even own the property
where you're at when I moved in here.

So becaue of the attitude of you hoa nibmy nazis, I will now put up
the biggest honking antenna on the biggest honking tower that I can
find, afford, and is allowed by zoning.

Too bad if it's visible from your hoa property.

I moved into this non-CC&R non-HOA property with the expectation I
could put one up anytime I wanted to, and was even told I could
anytime including anyyear in the future.

If you didn't want to see antennas, then you shouldn't have moved into
a hoa built on the same road as preexisting non-cc&r non-hoa houses,
should you have???

And as far as the residents of the other hoa near me, youu don't like
seeing antennas on hts being held by people walking on the trails in
the public park because you moved into your hoa with the expectation
that you would never have to see any antenna ever again.

Well, becaue of a nimby cop who has as much clue about radios and
antennas as you hoa residents do, I now have a federal licensce
allowing me to operate anywhere the FCC has authority. And I'm very
sure that includes public parks.

Check the U.S. constitution.

If you didn't want to see antennas on hts, then you shouldn't have
moved into a hoa whose property adjoins and touches public park
property, should you have???

If you didn't want to see ht antennas , then you shouldn't have moved
into a hoa that is right next to a public park, should you have???
FastPitch
2010-01-16 07:52:08 UTC
Post by FastPitch
Post by radioguy
And what gives you homeowners in a hoa and your hoa assns the right to
tell me what I can and can not have on my non-cc&R non-hoa property???
Your signature on the contract brainpan! Nobody forced you to live in a HOA
neighborhood. STFU!
you're wrong again and also obviusly the usual idiots in hoas who
can't even read.

My signature is NOT on any hoa contract. I NEVER signed any such
thing. I do NOT even live on hoa property. I live in a non-cc&r non-
Hoa house and on non-CC&R non-HOA land as I previously stated.
D. Peter Maus
2010-01-17 00:36:13 UTC
Post by FastPitch
Post by radioguy
And what gives you homeowners in a hoa and your hoa assns the right to
tell me what I can and can not have on my non-cc&R non-hoa property???
Your signature on the contract brainpan! Nobody forced you to live in a
HOA neighborhood. STFU!
Actually, FCC has been clear about this. You can't sign away
those rights to HOA's. A licensed amateur, CB operator, may have an
exterior antenna. And the equal housing laws say you have the right
to live anywhere you choose, so he may put up an antenna, and the
HOA may not compel him to remove it.

Further, TV and small dish satellite antennae are protected
species. They can't be removed by HOA fiat, either.

And...(ahem....apologies to Garrett Morris) IF YOU ACTUALLY READ
THE POST, HE SAID HE LIVES ON AN NON HOA PROPERTY.

As, in fact, do I.
Mall Rat
2010-01-17 07:01:28 UTC
Post by FastPitch
Post by radioguy
And what gives you homeowners in a hoa and your hoa assns the right to
tell me what I can and can not have on my non-cc&R non-hoa property???
Your signature on the contract brainpan! Nobody forced you to live in a
HOA neighborhood. STFU!
Actually, FCC has been clear about this. You can't sign away those
rights to HOA's. A licensed amateur, CB operator, may have an exterior
antenna. And the equal housing laws say you have the right to live
anywhere you choose, so he may put up an antenna, and the HOA may not
compel him to remove it.
Further, TV and small dish satellite antennae are protected species.
They can't be removed by HOA fiat, either.
And...(ahem....apologies to Garrett Morris) IF YOU ACTUALLY READ THE
POST, HE SAID HE LIVES ON AN NON HOA PROPERTY.
As, in fact, do I.
Sadly, and in fact, many HOAs are not aware of the FCC exoneration, so the
silly, angry malcontents hire an attorney to force an Injunction upon the
Ham operator. (Sorry, but CB ops are not included Peter)
What results is a often construed and costly legal action for both parties,
only to find that the HOA was in the wrong. All too many lawyers are not
aware of the FCC regulations and when they side with the HOA, and after
several hours and hundreds of dollars later, the HOA ends up with a hefty
legal fee.
What I have seen many times over is that the complaining neighbors don't
like the FCC exemption and will continue to bicker with the Ham neighbor
over their perceived "property value devaluation". They claim that they are
getting TVI, RFI, or other issues with their electronic devices when, in
actuality, it is almost always a nearby CB type who is causing the problem.

Also, our city recently made an attempt to ban those small satellite TV
dishes that are appearing. The city wanted to ban the dishes to the back
yards or the rear of the homes. A local Ham op became involved and set the
City straight and the Mayor and his City Council dropped the ordinance from
the books.
D. Peter Maus
2010-01-17 20:32:47 UTC
Post by Mall Rat
Post by FastPitch
Post by radioguy
[...]
Around here, they are. They stood up for themselves against a
local HOA, and they won, under the same provisions as Hams.
the books.
God
2010-01-17 08:59:02 UTC
'Scuse me while I laugh up my sleeve at "D. Peter Maus".
It seems to be that using a first initial with the middle name and last name
is all the rage amongst self-important attorneys these days. (not that D.
Peter is an attorney) Doing so is more of a fashion/style thing than a
necessity, but if it makes them feel apart from and more important than Joe
Sixpack, let them revel in their self-perceived folly.

D. Peter...it is because of you and your ilk that I refuse to join the ARRL.
It is because of you and your ilk that I prefer to not join in on the
various Ham radio special events.
I enjoy Amateur Radio as a hobby, and have been doing so for 25 years now.
Unlike you, I don't eat, live and drink Amateur Radio. It is a friggin'
hobby, for crying out loud!
I don't appreciate you or your other self-appointed buddies "suggesting"
when, where and how I should operate my station. I will do it my way, and
will do so without your "guidance".

73 O M. Catch you on 30M if you are lucky...
radioguy
2010-01-17 16:31:41 UTC
Post by God
[...]
Bravo for you. A good example is someone driving from pa to ohio to
michigan. or vice versa.

If someone in Ohio is talking to so someone in pa, they get yelled at
that they're not following the band plan, then when they switch to
follow the band plan they're told to, the other operator gets yelled
at thet they're not following the band plan.

So what is a person living near the state line supposed to do, use the
Ohio bandplan or the PA bandplan??

No, using the bandplan of the state you're currently in (as suggested
in these newsgroups long ago) does NOT work.

When driving from your job in the one state to your home in another
state, and you're talking to your friend, then you cross the state
line while you're friend is at home in the other state, if you both
switch to the bandplan of the state you're in, then your friend gets
yelled at for not following the bandplan. If you remain following the
bandplan of the state you're friend is in, then you get yelled at for
not following the bandplan.

The same for Michigan and Ohio.

And it gets even more complicated when you're having a three way
conversation between Michigan, Ohio, and PA repeaters and/or simplex.

So yes, I also will use my amateur radio on any frequency I want to
any way I want to, within FCC rules.

I have already noticed at least FOUR different 2 meter bandplans that
can be heard and contacted from my area.

There may be more, but as of this writing, I only know of four.

What is simplex for some is repeater inputs for the others.

What are repeater outputs is simplex for some.

Now, which of the FOUR bandplans should I use?

If I want to use the repeaters, I don't have any choice except to
violate one or more of the bandplans.

If I want to use simplex, I don't have any choice but to violate one
or more of the bandplans.

The usual answer to this is to follow the ARRL bansplan.

Wrong, the ARRL bansplan says local bandplans superceded the ARRL
bandplan.

There are FOUR DIFFERENT local 2 meter bandplans in this area.

So again, which of the FOUR bandplans should I use?
You
2010-01-17 20:11:20 UTC
In article
Post by radioguy
There are FOUR DIFFERENT local 2 meter bandplans in this area.
So again, which of the FOUR bandplans should I use?
It is really hard for "Me" to believe that you (RadioGuy) are this
STUPID. but the again we see your kind on JayWalking all the time....

BandPlans are nothing more than a convention used by local, regional and
country Ham Organizations to structure a working agreement for
cooperative use of Licensed Frequencies. They hold NO Force of Law,
beyond that specified in Part 97.

If you were not such a DUFUS, you would understand this from the getgo...
Maybe you are "To Stupid to be Licensed"... Has that thought ever
occurred to you...
D. Peter Maus
2010-01-17 20:34:11 UTC
Post by God
[...]
Perhaps, you didn't read carefully enough. I"m on YOUR side.

WQGT447
2010-01-18 22:43:08 UTC
Post by God
[...]
I was wondering about that myself! :-D

Bruce Jensen
Todd
2010-01-19 10:10:09 UTC
Post by D. Peter Maus
Post by God
[...]
Perhaps you missed the laughing up the sleeve...

The point was your use of your first initial followed by your middle and
last name.
This seems to the fad du jour of late, especially for attorneys.
WQGT447
2010-01-19 15:38:33 UTC
Post by Todd
Post by God
[...]
This seems to the fad du jour of late, especially for attorneys.- Hide quoted text -
That's been a "fad" for decades - watch some 1940's movies some time
to see how various "holier than thou" people would adopt such a
moniker (often for comedy and often at their own expense)...

In Peter's Case, I think he just likes his middle name :-)

B. Harold Jensen, Esq. ;-)
D. Peter Maus
2010-01-20 12:50:28 UTC
Post by Todd
Post by D. Peter Maus
Post by God
[...]
What you laugh at, sleeves not withstanding, is your affair, and
of no interest to anyone but you.

Actually, I'm a broadcaster. I have always gone by "Pete" or
"Peter." The 'D.' is part of my signature, nothing more. My
grandfather called "Pete." My parents called me "Pete." But for
official purposes, the signature has always been "D. Peter" or
"David Peter," since I was taught how to write.

Why this bothers you, or why you think you should have input on
the practice is beyond ken.

But you feel free to make this about me.

My post was actually about something far more important. And,
repeating, I'm actually on your side: You SHOULD be able to decide
'where and how I should operate my station. I will do it my way, and
will do so without your "guidance".'

But again, feel free to make this about me.